About Alfred-Andrew Bowen:
- License earned at ATI - Career Training Center Dallas, Texas 600 Hours. 11/2008- 7/2009
- State of Texas Massage License Number (LMT # 109571)
- State of California Massage Certification Number (CMTC # 74630)
- Passionate and empathetic therapeutic massage therapist
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology
- Evaluating orthopedic testing and assessment formulates a treatment plan and makes recommendations for self-care
- Actively engaged in continuing education while earnestly seeking new techniques to improve quality of treatment
Licensing and Credentials:
- 9+ years massage bodywork experience in therapeutic massage and injury recovery
- Over 12,000 hours of Clinical Hands on Massage Therapy
- 600 hours. State of Texas Massage Therapy License Number (LMT # 109571) -Texas Department of State Health Services, Massage Therapy
- State of California Massage Certification Number (CMTC # 74630) - California Massage Therapy Council
- 450 hours. Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy Certification - National Holistic Institute, Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy
- 4 hours. Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy for Headache - National Holistic Institute, Advanced Neuromuscular Therapy
- 6 hours. Deep Tissue Certificate - Massage CE Resource
- 6 hours. Iliopsoas and Low Back Referral Points Certificate - Massage Publications
- 6 hours. Lymphatic Drainage Certificate - Massage CE Resource
- 6 hours. Advanced Sports Massage - Dynamic Body Institute
- 6 hours. 50 minute Hot Stone Certificate
Soothing Escape was developed to alleviate the cause of muscle tension, not to treat the symptoms.
Describe a recent project you are fond of?:
I have worked with many ranges of people from the elderly inside nursing homes providing gentle compression and Manual Lymphatic Drainage, to working with the children of Our Children's House Of Baylor in Los Colinas observing the physical therapy rehabilitation of the children with; cerebral palsy, recovering from brain tumors, and traumatic experiences that frequented the facility.
A passion in sports and performance training lead to my tenure working with the athletes of Paramount: Strength and Conditioning where I acted as the Clinical Strength Coach, there to prevent injury during /post power lifting and strongman competition.
What do you enjoy about the work you do?:
I enjoy the satisfaction that when receiving massage on a consistent basis, during every massage we are working to influence positive empowerment of your entire body; from the inside boost of your immune system to the outside invigoration of your muscles.
How does your service stand out?:
When I work with my clients, I ask questions first to hear what you tell me what your body is in need of and then at the beginning of every massage session I take time to balance/center myself to feel where your body is calling out to receive bodywork
Why choose bodywork as your profession?
“Bodywork is life. I was going to be a lawyer or psychologist. My spirit wouldn't’t let me pursue or stray away from working with the body. My end-game is Physical Therapy, specializing in hips and knees. Taking that into fact, I played Texas football, and the standing squat till your gluts graze the grass was considered proper form. Let’s say my hips didn’t fit their form. Not until freshman year college yoga where I was handed a rope and my hips released. That day my understanding of mobility was not found in how strong or how much weight on the bar, though was found in the ability to connect with my body from the muscles into the joints which is where strength is truly found.”
Alfred-Andrew’s moto is "Flexibility is Capability : Capability is Power"
Expertise: Neuromuscular Therapy, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage, Swedish Massage, Myofascial Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Orthopedic Assessment, Medical Massage, Manual Lymphatic Drainage , Rehabilitative & Pain Management, Corrective Exercise, and Personal Training – Speed and Agility - Core Conditioning – Biomechanics Specialist.
**ANNOUNCEMENT** SE: Massage and Performance Therapy accepts all forms of credit card and cash exchange for massage therapy, as a "Donation or Gift" for the advancement of education, skills, and techniques for the purpose of providing a greater service to all clients I pursue to positively prepare for the performance of their everyday lives.